Sunday, October 25, 2015

I'm scared

I fear my family
If I wasn't born into their lives would they still like me?

I fear my friends
Are they with me because they feel like they have to be? Do they wish I would leave them alone?

I fear there won't be any elephants left when I die
I like elephants. I feel like they matter even though some people think they don't. Why do people think they don't?

I fear first impressions
Do people really not like me when they meet me? Is that even something I can change?

I fear I'll get sad like I used to
Could I even handle that?

I fear graduation
Then what? I don't want to leave this part of my life. How are people not afraid of that?

I fear not graduating 
I can't even imagine the disappointment

I fear being ungrateful
I need to appreciate this more. Appreciate you more. Appreciate everything more

I fear missed opportunities 
I should have done this. I should have don't that. Should have tried. Why didn't I try?

I fear death
Not my death, but others. Yours. Theirs. My friends and family. I'm afraid every day that something will happen. Every minute someone's late is another scenario where I don't see them again

I fear how anxious I get
Will I ever calm down? How do I relax? Will I ever be able to enjoy anything without worrying about the next moment?

I fear how afraid I really am.



I really am










3 comments:

  1. "If I wasn't born into their lives would they still like me?"

    Thank goodness I'm not the only one who thinks about this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I think about it all the time too. Do they like me as a person or do they like me cuz were related by blood?

      Delete
  2. you put some of by greatest fears into words...it stressed me out but in a good way. its always good to know that people feel the way that you do. i don't really relate the the elephant one, but i love that you care about that so much haha!

    ReplyDelete